The days are getting longer, meaning there's more potential daylight for cocktail hour! We have some fruity and fresh cocktails that are perfect for any occasion.
Lemon Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce Lemon Thyme simple syrup
- Lemon wedge for serving
Make the Simple Syrup
- Heat all of the ingredients for the simple syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to a full boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook at a gentle boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool to room temperature. Strain syrup with a fine strainer to remove the thyme leaves. Add the pure lemon extract and refrigerate until ready to use. Note: Simple syrup can be saved in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Make a Cocktail:
- Combine the ingredients for one cocktail in a shaker and fill with ice. Shake vigorously and serve over ice with a lemon wedge. Note: you can also make multiple cocktails at a time, or even a large batch of cocktails.
- 1 tablespoon dried hibiscus flowers (or 1 hibiscus tea bag)
- 4-6 tablespoons honey using to your taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup no sugar added pineapple juice
- juice of 2 limes (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 8 ounce light rum
- 4 ounces dark rum
- sparkling water, for topping
- kosher salt, for rimming (optional)
- 1. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium-size pot. Remove from the heat, add the hibiscus flowers or tea bags and the honey, dependent on your taste. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the hibiscus flowers/tea bags.
- 2. To the pitcher, add the orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, dark rum, and light rum, stirring to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
- 3. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and coat in salt. Add ice and pour over the Mai Tai. Top off with sparkling water, if desired.
- 1 oz gin
- 3/4 oz st germain
- 1/2 oz lemon syrup (recipe below)
- 8 drops rose water
- 5 oz club soda
- edible flower ice cubes (such as peonies and marigolds)
Zest lemon. Juice lemons to make 1/2 cup juice. Add to a pot with water and sugar. Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat. Let syrup cool before using.