We have the only spring salad you’ll need this season. This incredible salad has a perfect zesty taste to put your taste buds in a spin. Even if you’re not a fan of kale (like I used to be before trying this salad), I can promise you that you’ll be a fan of this one. Also, who can pass up a tender piece of grilled salmon? Like come on.
We found this recipe on Khrista Helfer’s website so all credit for this delicious dish goes to her. This meal is perfect for nights when you're not in the mood to cook. It takes 35 minutes in total and serves 4!
- 4 (6 ounce) Alaskan salmon filets
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 6 cups shredded kale (stems removed)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups croutons, crushed
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup` apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- To make the honey lemon vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare kale, wash, dry and remove stems. Slice kale into thin strips and place into a large bowl. Add crushed croutons, Parmesan cheese, pecans, crushed red pepper, season with salt and pepper. Toss with desired amount of vinaigrette and set aside.
- Bring the salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking. Season salmon with a dash of salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and cook salmon skinless side down (if applicable) for approximately grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate dressed kale salad and top with a piece of salmon.